COCONUT FLOUR SIETE TORTILLAS
There are so many variations you can concoct out of these tortillas! In grad school, I ate at El Chico’s All. The. Time. My all time favorite was their spinach and mushroom quesadillas with guacamole. Lots of guacamole. Little did I know, since I had yet to be diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, that an autoimmunity was not letting me “get away” with eating those flour tortillas. All the symptoms of fatigue, joint pain, and brain fog were only getting worse with each poor food choice I made. But hey, I was young, a college cheerleader, super active…it was just par for the course, right? Wrong!
Today, I’m in the know and better able to manage my symptoms through far better choices. Like this one! Of course, I can re-create my old El Chico’s favorite, but my go to these days is eggs, spinach, avocado and salsa!! Ole!
- 2 Siete Coconut and Cassava Flour Tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- Hard, aged cheese (omit if dairy intolerant) I love parm or cheddar!
- Salsa (no sugar added…make sure ingredients made of vegetables!)
- Scramble eggs and add in 1 cup spinach to wilt.
- In another pan, melt a bit of butter, put on tortillas, add egg and spinach, and cheese if and fold in half. Cook about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute or so.
- Top with avocado and salsa!
Want to burn fat for up to 48 hour post workout and get $6 Meal Plans? Click here
Can’t Sleep? Low energy? Joint pain? Click here