COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
My entire family loves and eats these pancakes! My girls prefer them with Lily’s chocolate chips but I like them plain with a bit of Kerrygold butter. They whip up quick and if you follow the instructions, will be so fluffy! If you’ve never cooked with coconut flour, it can be temperamental, so if you’re the kind of gal who likes to just eyeball it, I recommend against it until you become more familiar with this flour. These also freeze great and are so easy to just throw in the toaster when you’re pressed for time!
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup half & half or coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 droppers of SweetLeaf liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I only buy Coconut Secret brand and highly recommend it)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp celtic salt
- coconut oil or grass-fed butter for frying (Kerrygold is our favorite butter!)
- In a small bowl, beat eggs vigorously until frothy, about 2 minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and SweetLeaf stevia drops.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, and salt).
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry; mix WELL. There is no need to worry about over-beating with coconut flour. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Batter should be really thick, like brownie batter.
- While batter is thickening, preheat a griddle over medium to medium-low heat. Add butter or coconut oil, if needed. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, spreading the batter out to 2-3 inches in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until the top starts to dry out and the bottom is lightly brown, then flip the pancakes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Think you struggle with Adrenal Fatigue? Click HERE to check out our course designed to help you start feeling better on day 1!
Want to get your Meal Plans for $6, have access to short, effective workouts, and have me show you what to do every step of the way? Click HERE