CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CHOWDER SOUP
Have you ever had a craving for a creamy soup but didn’t want the cream? Well here you go! This recipe is both hearty and creamy with flavor exploding from all sides! Makes a great snack or pairs nicely with a main dish; think pastured porkchops or even beef stew! Yuuuup, I just recommended 2 soups in one meal! Livin’ on the edge!
Credit goes to Paleoleap. I just made a couple of minor adjustments.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 3/4 onion, diced;
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped;
- 2 celery stalks, diced;
- 4 cups chicken stock (or bone broth)
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- 1¼ tsp. ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric;
- ½ tsp. ground coriander;
- fresh dill, to taste; (optional)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled;
- 1.5 T Grass fed butter;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some butter in a large saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and coconut milk, and stir together.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with bacon and fresh dill to taste.
Check out The Slim-WAISTed Mama Online Cooking class and get some amazing recipes and videos that are going to help you every step of the way!
Join my FREE Facebook group HERE
Need to lose the ‘waist’? Get support, free meal plans, workouts, and so much more for less than $1 a day! Join us HERE