CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CHOWDER SOUP
Have you ever had a craving for a creamy soup but didn’t want the cream? Well here you go! This recipe is both hearty and creamy with flavor exploding from all sides! Makes a great snack or pairs nicely with a main dish; think pastured porkchops or even beef stew! Yuuuup, I just recommended 2 soups in one meal! Livin’ on the edge!
Credit goes to Paleoleap. I just made a couple of minor adjustments.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 3/4 onion, diced;
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped;
- 2 celery stalks, diced;
- 4 cups chicken stock (or bone broth)
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- 1¼ tsp. ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric;
- ½ tsp. ground coriander;
- fresh dill, to taste; (optional)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled;
- 1.5 T Grass fed butter;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some butter in a large saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and coconut milk, and stir together.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with bacon and fresh dill to taste.
Want a free gluten-free, anti-inflammatory Meal Plan each month, have access to short, effective workouts, and have me show you what to do every step of the way in a private community of other amazing women just like you? Click HERE