Gluten-free Avocado Sauce Pasta
Aaaand, who doesn’t love pasta? Before I went gluten free, I wanted all the pasta, all the time. But dropping the starchy strings not only help me get rid of years of inflammation in my belly and thighs, it also helped me get rid of inflammation in my joints that had me feeling like an old lady, long before my years. Enter…ZOODLES! Can I get an amen? Veggie noodles are all the rage now so if you haven’t tried them, this is a bandwagon worth jumping on!
But what about the sauce? We got yo back! Avocados make dishes so creamy, you won’t miss the heavy cream-based dishes to which you were so accustomed. We’d love to hear your thoughts after you try this amazing dish!
- 2 cups uncooked gluten-free pasta, any type, or zoodles, or 1 package of Birdseye Original Zucchini Lentil Pasta
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese (or Nutritional Yeast for a dairy free option)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves or/and cilantro or parsley (I use basil and cilantro)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta/zoodles accordingly.
- While the pasta/zoodles are cooking, place the avocado, avocado oil, parmesan cheese (or Nutritional Yeast), garlic, cilantro, and lemon or lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend well. You can leave it chunky or process it until it’s creamy. It’s whatever you prefer.
- Toss the pasta/zoodles with the avocado sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with parmesan cheese or Nutritional Yeast, if desired.
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!