GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES
Care to put a whole new twist on pumpkin snickerdoodles? Ahhh..cookies, pumpkin, cinnamon, and Fall. I’m in! But who wants all the guilt (and bloat) and who needs that feeling of fatigue that comes from…NEWSFLASH…not the turkey but all the sweets and starchy carbs?
Thankfully, you don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving for this treat, and you can even be a complete rule-breaker and have it in a season other than Fall (gasp)! Enjoy these with your fav cup of tea or joe and you may have just created the most blissful treat you’ve had in ages!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or grass-fed butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Xyla brand Xylitol or Swerve
Preheat the oven to 350.
- in a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil or butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together until wet and sticky. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes (this allows the dough to get a little more sticky and firm).
- In a small ball, mix cinnamon and sweetener.
- Form dough balls that are about 1.5 inches in diameter, roll dough in cinnamon mixture. Place on a cookie sheet. Using a jar or glass, flatten cookies to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven and thickness of cookies).
- Cool completely on the cookie sheet.
*Recipe slightly adapted from wholesomedelicious
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!