Pressure Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana (Italian Soup)
Pressure Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana (Italian Soup) tastes just like the famous soup you get at the restaurant, but is on your table in less than 30 minutes.
I’m in Louisiana and it’s STILL cold! The second week of February doesn’t mean much when you live in the south…typically. But this year, the cold is hanging on longer and that means more soup ends up on the table for this family! I love a hearty soup that gives me all I need in one bowl. It’s SO easy to get in your veggie requirement when it’s mixed into a bowl of warm, savory, heart-nourishing soup!
This recipe will be sure not to disappoint! A close replica of Olive Garden’s original, Amanda McClellen made some substitutions to make this a far healthy dish. We hope it becomes a favorite for you and your family for years to come! And special thanks to Amanda for this amazing bowl of love!
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed (pastured if available)
- 4 slice nitrate and sugar free bacon; roughly chopped
- 1-2 bags of riced cauliflower or 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped (1 lb of radishes, thinly sliced, can also be used as a substitute)
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic; minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like more kick)
- 1 1/2 quarts organic, free range chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup fresh water
- 2 cups fresh kale; cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 container Greek cream cheese
- Select the Sauté or Browning function on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Add bacon to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and cook until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate and drain most of the grease.
- Add onions to the cooking pot and sauté in bacon grease for about 3 minutes. Add sausage, breaking up into pieces and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to cooking pot and sauté 1 more minute.
- Turn off Pressure Cooker and drain grease, if necessary. Add chicken broth, water and cauliflower.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release and then do a Quick Release.
- Add kale to the cooking pot and stir until wilted. Add Greek cream cheese and combine.
- Place in serving bowls and top with bacon.
Hot Sausage can be used in place of the Italian Sausage, but remember to also omit the red pepper flakes when using hot sausage.
Join my FREE Facebook group HERE
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!