Pan Roasted Butternut Squash with Red Onion and Turnip
We just love a flavorful side. This side is just bursting with flavor thanks to our own Amanda McClellan and her creative kitchen prowess!
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (1-2” cubes – a mandolin works great for uniform cubes)
- 2 Red Onions, diced (you can use other onion varieties, but the red onion adds nice color to the dish)
- 2 Turnips, peeled and cubed into small cubes – the mandolin works great for this, too (you could use parsnips in place of the turnips)
- 3 Tbs. Avocado Oil
- 2-2 ½ tsp Rosemary (you can use a little more or less here, depending on how much rosemary you prefer, but rosemary makes the flavor of the dish)
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper – to taste – this will vary for each palate
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dice the butternut squash, onions, and turnips.
- Transfer the diced butternut squash, onions, and turnips to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the diced veggies.
- Add rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Toss or stir to coat the veggies evenly with oil and spices.
- (If you have a large bowl that has a lid, it’s perfect to use for this. Just place lid over the top once you’ve drizzled the oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper over them and toss to coat well.)
- Transfer to the cookie sheet and spread out evenly for roasting.
- Place cookie sheet with diced veggies into the oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out and, with a spatula, flip as much of the mixture as possible so that the sides can roast/brown as evenly as possible.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and, if roasted to your satisfaction (I like my butternut squash to be visibly browned a bit.), transfer to a serving dish and ENJOY!
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!