Chicken and Quinoa Skillet
You may only proceed with reading this recipe under the following condition: you are one busy girl! That’s you? Then be my guest, because this recipe is going to end up being your back pocket fav for those nights when you’re wondering, “what’s for dinner?” and you are in a pinch for time!
I mean, honestly, I don’t know any women who just have oodles of time on their hands, but for those of us who would do anything for an extra hour in each day and an extra day in each week, this recipe is for you!
- Prep time – 5 minutes (or less!)
- Cooking time – around 30 minutes
- Makes – 4 – 1 Cup Servings (or 8 – ½ Cup Servings)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 16oz jar of organic, sugar-free salsa (I used Casa Mamita Organic Double Fire Roasted Salsa from ALDI)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning (varies by palate. If you like a bit more kick, go with the full teaspoon…or more if you like!)
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup water
- Add the ground chicken to a skillet (preferably a deeper skillet that also has a lid) and season with the garlic and Slap Ya Mama seasoning.
- Once fully cooked, add the jar of salsa and stir into the meat.
- Add the quinoa and water and stir together well. Make sure that the quinoa gets mixed in well.
- Cover the skillet and, on medium heat (between 4 & 5 on my stove), let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Check the dish and the tenderness of the quinoa. The sauce should have thickened up while the quinoa was cooking.
Recipe compliments of our own Amanda McClellan
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!