SALSA CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Want a fabulous dish that isn’t ingredient heavy? This is it! You’ll get a big nutritional bang for your buck with this meal. All you have to do is cook and shred your chicken and cook your spaghetti squash. I like to do my chicken in an instant pot but you can do it in a crock pot, or even bake it and then shred it if short on time.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 jar of no sugar added salsa (Mateo’s is my pick!)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds of chicken
- Cook chicken, 3 options: Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes then shred. Or if cooking in an instant pot or crock pot, put in chicken, stock, and salsa and cook until tender, then shred.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Salt flesh and cook facedown in a bit of oil for 35-45 minutes. Take out seeds and scrape flesh into bowls.
- Pour the chicken, salsa, and stock over squash noodles.
- If baking chicken instead of using an instant pot or crock pot, add salsa, stock, and shredded chicken to a pot and heat thoroughly, then pour over spaghetti squash.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!