SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
For real??? Yes, you can have that and the flavor you’d expect from the original without all the unnecessary ingredients! This was an old favorite of mine and I LOVE the complexity of flavors but the simplicity of throwing it together! This go great with Siete Tortilla Chips or Benitos!
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to reduce water
- 1 14-ounce can artichokes, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen mayonnaise OR Homemade Paleo mayo
- pinch tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- couple pinches of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to tast
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat. When warm, add in garlic and stir constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in spinach, and artichoke and stir frequently until well combined and until remaining water from spinach has evaporated.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until very well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, if desired, and serve warm.
*Recipe adapted by 40Aprons
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!