Hands up if you want to feed your family well, but sometimes lack of planning gets the best of you.
I end up here more than I’d like to admit which is why I wanted to share this recipe with you. It’s a client (and family) favorite and I have no doubt your family will love it, too!
Be sure to make extra because it also makes for some delicious leftovers!
- Serving Size 4
- * 1 lb of boneless chicken thighs
- * 2 med sweet potatoes
- * 1/3 onion
- * 1 med zucchini
- * 1 med squash
- * 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- * 3 T avocado or coconut oil
- * 2 T lemon juice
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1 tsp dried thyme
- * 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- * Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional veggies: brussels sprouts, asparagus, broccoli…go nuts!
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Whisk marinade ingredients together. Pat chicken dry and place in a Ziplock bag. Pour marinade over all, close bag tightly and massage.
3. Prepare a large sheet pan (with sides) by either lining it with parchment paper or lightly coating it with oil or cooking spray. Chop vegetables so they are of uniform sizes and can cook evenly.
4. Arrange vegetables on sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place chicken thighs and chopped bacon on top of the vegetables and drizzle with remaining marinade.
6. Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes or until chicken registers at least 165 F on a meat thermometer.
Recipe adapted from: flavourandsavour.com*