Strawberry Chia Jam
The very thought of making jams or jellies brings thoughts of grandmas in aprons, hours spent in the kitchen, and cups upon cups of sugar ready to be added. But this recipe challenges all those old thoughts because it will take you 10 minutes to prep and only 20 minutes to set. AND there is zero added sugar!
I served this last night at a social gathering for my local Fit Chix gals with popovers and cheesecake. It was a huge hit, and of course, folks wanted the recipe. So here it goes!
The original recipe comes from Abby’s kitchen. I added a couple tweaks for personal preference and to make it compliant with the lowest sugar way to enjoy it possible!
- 3 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2-3 T Swerve (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 T chia seeds
- Bring strawberries to a boil over medium heat. When they begin to get syrupy, mash them until there are no longer big lumps of berries.
- Turn off the heat and add the Swerve and lemon.
- Transfer to a container and add the chia seeds and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate for later use.
Want a FREE monthly Meal Plan plus support from me and other women just like you? Join HERE!